While love comes in all forms, the kind that involves toe-curling, fireworks-exploding orgasms is on our minds this...
BACKDOOR FUN - ALL THINGS ANAL
Few things in this world compare to the pleasure of anal play. You would be hard pressed to find something as thrilling, sensual and satisfying.
Anal play has grown in popularity over the past few decades, partly due to the rise of sex toys designed to make it better. There are butt plugs, anal beads, specialised condoms and everything in between to give you a safe and amazing anal experience.
What are anal toys?
There are a huge variety of sex toys that have been designed specifically to go into your butt. Everything from their shape to their texture makes anal toys ideal for the best, and safest, anal adventures.
Here are a few of the most popular anal toys on the sex toy market:
● Butt plugs – Simple and practical. Butt plugs are your gateway to anal play. They are “plugs” shaped in a way that can be easily inserted into your anus, with a wide base so that you don’t lose it in your bum.
● Anal beads – A string of beads connected together with the sole intention of bringing you bliss. Inserting all the beads into your anus will create an explosion of wonderful sensations. But the real magic lies in slowly pulling the beads out.
● Anal lube – Lube makes everything better, including anal play. It makes using anal toys easier and more comfortable. Plus, lube makes anal safer, by reducing the risk of your anus getting abrasions.
● Condoms – Safe sex 101. Condoms are one of the best ways of reducing the transmission of STIs, which can be a concern for many people who enjoy anal play.
● Dildos – Versatile and effective! Dildos can be used by anyone from beginners to experts for the deepest of anal experiences. They also come in an endless variety of designs to satisfy your wildest fantasies.
● Prostate massagers – If you’ve never experienced a prostate massager then you’re in for a treat. The prostate is a small gland between the bladder and the penis. Prostate massagers target this gland with vibrations, resulting in intense pleasure and even a possible orgasm.
The Do’s when it comes to anal play
For all the pleasure that anal play brings, there’s one drawback – preparation. Before you can just pick something up and stick it into your butt, you will need to know what you’re doing and prepare for it. Here are a few things you should do before getting started:
● Anal douche – Hygiene, and good hygiene, cannot be stressed enough. That doesn’t just mean taking a shower and cleaning your anal toys. It also means using an anal douche to ensure no ‘accidents’ happen during anal play. The result is a clean, safe and unrestrained anal experience.
● Lube – Remember to apply a lot of lube before and even during anal play. The anus does not produce any natural lubricant, so you will need to make sure there is enough lube back there for anything you plan on throwing at it.
● Relax – Your anus is a muscle, and just like any other muscle, it becomes tense when you’re tense. The solution? You need to relax. Whether you use your fingers first to massage your ass or get your partner to rim you first, you need to find a good way to relax.
● Have the talk with your partner – Anal play is exciting and it can be easy for your partner to get carried away with it. That’s why you should have a discussion with them about what exactly you want and expect from anal play.
The Don’ts when it comes to anal play
Just as there are things you should do before and during anal play, there are also certain things you shouldn’t do. This is important because a bad anal experience can damper your mood and your expectations, not to mention your health!
● Don’t force it – if your sex toy is too big, or perhaps you don’t feel relaxed enough, you may experience difficulty getting your anus to accommodate anything. Instead of forcing it, go back to the basics. Apply more lube, get your partner to massage or rim you, or start with inserting your fingers first.
Common questions people ask about anal
1) Is anal safe?
As long as you prepare properly and don’t force anything into your anus, then anal play is safe and extremely satisfying.
2) Will it hurt?
If it is your first time, it may feel a little uncomfortable. However, anal play should not hurt and if it does try following one of the suggested “do’s” above.
3) Will I bleed during or after anal sex?
Only if you don’t use enough lube or your partner thrusts too hard when you’re not ready for it.
4) Are there side effects?
The muscles in and around your butt may be a little stretched after penetration, but they will quickly shrink back to their normal size.
Also, having anal sex with someone without using a condom is risky and could lead to infections and other STIs. It is always best to use a condom, or better yet, get tested for STIs with your partner.
Now that you are all clued up on anal play, it is time to get started. The best place to start is to talk about it with your partner. The next step is to get a bottle of lube and relax those muscles! We’ve got the low-down on how to open the door to a great new way of life with our anal sex tips for beginners.